If your application is successful an administration charge of £2.81 (for new or replacement) will be made. Payment should be made by cheque or by cash payment at the CHCP Area Office on collection of your badge.
West Dunbartonshire Council may refuse to issue a badge if we have reason to believe that the applicant is not who they claim to be or that the badge would be used by someone other than the person to whom it has been issued.
You will automatically qualify only if you have one of the following: -
- Mobility Allowance / Higher Rate Mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance
- War Pensioners Mobility Supplement
- Registered Blind
- A Government Grant for your own vehicle
- A vehicle supplied by a government department
If you are claiming under any of the above categories please ensure that the following are returned with your application form.
- Completed application form
- One up-to-date passport style photograph of yourself, with your name on the back
- Proof of eligibility under the above criteria; e.g. Blind Registration number, letter from DSS confirming allowance with expiry date
Please note that if the expiry date of the allowance is less than three years from date of application then the badge will only be issued for the duration of the award.
Please complete all relevant sections of the application form and supply the appropriate documents to confirm your address and identity. When completing this form you may find the accompanying guidance notes are helpful.
An assessment may still be required by an Independent Mobility Assessor.